News on Consortium activities and the steel industry.
- Semi-Annual Project and Board Meetings for Steel Manufacturing Consortium held at CIVS June 9, 2016
On Monday June 6, 2016 the Steel Manufacturing Consortium (SMSVC) held its Semi-Annual project and board meetings at the Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation (CIVS) at Purdue University Northwest a�� Calumet Campus, in Hammond, Indiana. There were over 30 attendees from the ...
- CIVS Participated in a Number of Activities at AISTech 2016 May 31, 2016
CIVS participated in a number of activities at AISTech 2016 conference, held in Pittsburgh, PA. CIVS staff and students presented 7 technical papers, 3 posters, and 1 oral presentation.A� CIVS was also recognized for their paper, titled “Investigation of Co-Injection of Natural Gas and Pulverized Coal ...
- Purdue Steel Consortium to generate ideas, keep mills competitive April 29, 2016
Purdue University Northwesta��s new national steel consortium is going to come up with ideas and innovations that could help make the beleaguered domestic steel industry more competitive.
The Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation has teamed up with ...
- “Steel Consortium 2016 and Beyonda�? Presented at Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce Luncheon April 28, 2016
The Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce highlighted the Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium (SMSVC) at their monthly meeting on Thursday, April 28, 2016.
- Dr. Zhou Panelist for NAE Convocation April 19, 2016
Dr. Chenn Zhou was an invited panelist for a session titled The Revolution in Modeling and Simulation for Engineer for the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) and the American Association of Engineering Societiesa�� Convocation of the Professional Engineering Societies on Monday, April 18th in Washington D.C.
- Steel Consortium to be featured at April 12 AIST Midwest Chapter Meeting April 11, 2016
The Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium (SMSVC) will be featured on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at the AIST Midwest Chapter meeting held at Avalon Manor.
- “Steel Consortium 2016 and Beyond” to be Presented at Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce Luncheon April 11, 2016
The Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium will be the main topic presented at the Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce General Membership Luncheon, held Thursday, April 28, 2016 the Dynasty Banquet Center in Hammond, Indiana (11:30am networking, 12:00pm lunch). Cost is $25, and RSVP is required by April 22. Call the Lakeshore Chamber at 219-931-1000. The ...
- CIVS Students Win Purdue Northwest Research Awards April 6, 2016
Five CIVS students won awards at Purdue Northwesta��s 2016 Student Research Day.
- Purdue Calumet CIVS students contribute to steel-making understanding tool April 1, 2016
Three PUC engineering students collaborated with CIVS and AIST in developing an innovative tool that enables greater understanding of the steelmaking process.
- Steel Consortium Members Present at AIST Midwest Chapter Meeting April 12 March 21, 2016
The Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium members will give a presentation on the Steel Consortium to the AIST Midwest Chapter members on April 12th. The presenters from ArcelorMittal, Praxair, Steel Dynamics and U.S. Steel will share the background, purpose, and benefits anticipated from the consortium research. The meeting is open to members and non-members. ...