News on Consortium activities and the steel industry.
- CIVS Collaborates with Lawrence Livermore National Lab on Steel August 18, 2015
The U.S. Department of Energy Advanced Manufacturing Office is supporting a pilot project for CIVS and the Steel Consortium to work with Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
- Metal Bulletin Article: Collaborating for the Common Good June 26, 2015
The Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation (CIVS) was featured in an article in the June 2015 issue of Metal Bulletin Magazine (pg. 58-63). The article is titled a�?Collaborating for the Common Gooda�? and highlights the Steel Manufacturing Visualization and Simulation Consortium.
- Purdue Cal’s New Steel Consortium Tackling Pilot Products June 15, 2015
HAMMOND| A high-tech virtual reality laboratory at Purdue University Calumet is pursuing pilot research projects on behalf of U.S. steelmakers who are hoping for a technological edge in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
- Governor Visit Featured on Lakeshore Report June 8, 2015
Indiana Governor Mike Pence’s visit to CIVS was featured in a Lakeshore Media video report.
- Governor Sees Many Dimensions of Purdue Cal June 5, 2015
HAMMOND | Purdue University Calumet students, faculty and administrators updated Gov. Mike Pence on how programs originating from the campus benefit the region, the state and the world during his whirlwind visit Thursday afternoon.
- CIVS Stands Out at AISTech 2015 May 8, 2015
CIVS participated in a number of activities at this yeara��s AISTech conference, held in Cleveland, Ohio. CIVS staff and students presented 7 technical papers, 2 posters, and were recognized for winning the grand prize in the AIST a�?Real Steela�? Video Challenge.
- Dr. Chenn Q. Zhou Among 10 Innovators Highlighted by the Society of Innovators of NWI April 8, 2015
Dr. Chenn Zhou, director of the Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation, was one of ten innovators highlighted by the Society of Innovators of NWI as a part of World Creativity and Innovation Week.
- CIVS Student Wins Steel Video Competition March 30, 2015
The Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation graduate student Alrazy Sonet won the $3,000 Grand Prize from the Association for Iron & Steel Technology Foundation a�?Real Steela�? Video Challenge for his video submission titled a�?Steel: Backbone of the Universea�?.
- CIVS Students and Staff are Featured in AIST June 2015 Edition March 27, 2015
The Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation will be featured in the June 2015 issue of Iron & Steel Magazine. The article, titled “Life Prediction in Industrial Equipment”, details the process through which industrial equipment can be analyzed to find key areas which can be used to improve inspection…
- CIVS Applying $480,000 Federal Grant to Benefit Steel Industry December 12, 2014
To gain greater insights about how United States steel mills can become more competitive and efficient, Purdue Calumeta��s CIVS hosted an information-gathering workshop and planning session Tuesday (12/2) on campus for steel…